Friday, July 12, 2013

White Dream Granite and Entry Way Flooring

I am in LOVE...the kind of love that leaves you dancing and screaming with excitement as soon as you're alone. I am completely in love with our new White Dream Granite counter tops (and my husband, of course!). And I seriously just did a little happy dance as soon as I shut the front door and said good bye to Lori (our supremely awesome contractor/friend) and the two men that completely transformed our kitchen - Alex & Ivan (brothers! awesome!) with Granite Designers. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them! They are so amazing, talented, sweet, hard working, adorable :)...and that's just the beginning. The two of them even carried in the huge slab of granite for the island by themselves...I can't even imagine how heavy that was (major muscles)!

Yes I made them take a picture in front of their amazing work :) - Alex & Ivan are awesome!

From start to finish, they were 100% professional and did an amazing job. Alex came out a couple weeks ago to take measurements, give advice about securing our kitchen island and answered any questions that we had. He had our granite slabs shipped in and had us look at everything to make sure we were happy and pick the area we wanted for the island. Then Alex and Ivan came back today and installed everything, sealed the granite, secured the sink and made sure everything was perfect before they left. They even went over everything that we would need to do in the future including maintenance, cleaning, etc.  If anyone is even thinking about remodeling a kitchen or bathroom...talk to Lori Howarter with H&L Properties and Alex with Granite Designers!

Here are more pictures of our new granite countertops...

View of our new sink area

I love this new sink too!

White Dream Granite...super close up (I wish you could see all the sparkles)
More granite at the bar

Full view of the kitchen...It's hard to show how big the island is...
Oh, and just in time the guys with Signature Flooring finished the floor in the entryway. Check it out...

Down the hallway...ignore that hot 70's wallpaper to your right

Our new entryway
We will be getting the carpets stretched to meet with the new floor and then we can add the trim pieces, but I am so excited to be able to walk barefoot around the house again. And I love the color...it's called Sand Dollar, which is a gray, almost barn-wood color. It compliments the granite, walls and everything else really nicely. I love it!

We'll be adding the kitchen cabinet doors, drawers, trim on the island and more this week, so I will post more pics once everything is in. But at least the big pieces are in. I can't stop looking at the granite :)

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful Friday afternoon....you know I am :)


XOXO,

Sara, Brian & Tequila

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sara! My name is Laurel, I represent Oldcastle Surfaces, a granite countertop company in the southeastern states.

    There are a few images of your countertops that I would love to feature on our granite color chart! We have recently created a granite colors chart on our website and I would love to feature some of your images of your kitchen countertops on our color chart! We would give you credit for the photos and content provided with a link back to your site.

    We would use your images as examples of how the granite colors look in a kitchen. It would be similar to a blog post, as we will be posting the images with descriptions of the granite used below.

    Here is the URL to the colors chart
    http://oldcastlesurfaces.com/blog/granite-colors

    If this sounds like something you would be interested it, please let me know! You could also provide a write up about why you chose that color and how it blends with your kitchen design.

    Thanks for your time, please let me know what you think!
    Laurel

    You can contact me at laurel@ewebify.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel-

    I just sent you an email! We would love to help out in any way that we can. Just let me know what you need. Have a wonderful day!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete